Saturday, January 9, 2016

New Year Update

Happy New Year!

I would like to give you a small update:
For starters, I had the great privilege of flying home for Christmas and New Years! I returned back to Tampa this past Tuesday. Being back home was great. I enjoyed my time with family and friends. I was also able to spend New Years Eve in Boston at a midnight Mass with Cardinal Sean O'Malley and saw a few friends while I was there. What a special treat that was! And I for one, (and perhaps the only one) was delighted that it snowed a bit while I was there.
After being back in Tampa for almost a week I have gotten back into the swing of things. Because lets be honest, I stayed up rather late while I was at home.

Since my last post, much has happened.
Many birthdays have come and gone. And when it's someone's birthday, the staff orders Chinese food for lunch. If it's a Salesian Brother or Priest's birthday we get a large meal with ice cream cake for dessert! Its super awesome! Mmmm ice cream!

Since it was getting closer to Christmas before departing for good ole Massachusetts we had lots of parties and events to host and attend. I may have been to three or more Christmas parties within a week or two's time as well as a few birthday parties too. Lots of great food and company.
And the week before I left the Salesian Sisters joined us for evening prayer and sometimes dinner. I've already written a post about how much I love Sisters so I will stop myself now before I get too excited.

One of the other Salesian Lay Missioners who were here, by the name of Matthew, had returned home mid-December. Its sad to see him go, but I know God has other plans for him. Since his departure I've entertained a thought: How cool would it be if God provided another Lay Missioner to join us? Hmmm... you never know.

Now that I'm at the Boys and Girls Club five days a week I have to admit, this is easily one of my favorite parts of the day. They can be challenging at times, sure, but I love working with them over there! I was working with 8 and 9 year old children for a time and since the main staff member changed colleges and is no longer around, I was switched to the 5, 6 and 7 year old age group because they need another staff member there. It's been a great joy to spend time with these kids every day!

So my friends, please continue to pray for me while I continue to do God's Will here in Tampa. And please pray for all I encounter here, adults and youth alike, that their hearts may burn ever brighter for love of Jesus and all those they meet.

Happy "almost" Sunday!

PS. I hope to be putting up a post every week now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Question? Prayer Request?