Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"God Moment"

Each week gets better and better.

(I wrote the following post last week but never finished it - so here it is)

One practice that I have taken up again is to look for a moment in my day when I "see" God working in my life. If you don't do this, I highly recommend it because you will spend all day looking for God in your life just so you can say at the end of the day that you had a "God moment." I recommend forcing yourself to share it with someone because then you're held accountable to it. In other words, it'll make you actively seek God - all day. And you will. It's fabulous! I will share the one that happened to me yesterday: Yesterday, we led a retreat for an all girl's Catholic high school. The last hour or so of the retreat they had the option of staying for adoration, going to Confession, hanging out outside, or eating lunch (which was way overdo - I was starving!). And to my surprise, so many of the 116 or so girls on this retreat chose, on their own, to stay for adoration instead of going outside to chill and eat. But what's even better is that lots of them chose to go to Confession. And you know how people say that after going to Confession they feel like a great weight has been lifted off of their shoulders? And they experience an overwhelming sense of peace and joy? Yeah. I could see that relief, that joy and that peace on so many of their faces when they came out of that confessional. It was beautiful!

And God reminded me through this "God moment" that one of the greatest joys in our lives is not only to be reconciled to God ourselves (Which is the BOMB) but also to be able to witness other people be reconciled to our God. How much joy this afternoon must have brought God! Ahh, what joy! How blessed am I to be able to witness such an amazing thing!

So this week has been great! I've done a great assortment of things again this week:
Another Salesian Lay Missioner who was here last year has come back for a few more months to be on the Mary Help team. She's wonderful!
I took over the youth group meeting this past Thursday and played some basketball with the kids and then I told them about archangels. (I need to practice my basketball skills again) I had some of them dress up like St Michael, St Rafael and St Gabriel the archangels and we played an archangel themed remix of Taio Cruz's Dynamite song. It was a good time.
I'm still unable to go to the Boys and Girls club as a full time volunteer but within this week or next week I should be there. I'm looking forward to it.

If any of you would like my address please email or text me for it and I can give it to you.
Pray for me, and the people I work with that they may all grow closer to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Question? Prayer Request?