Friday, October 16, 2015

Religious Sisters

It's been another week or so.
Things are going well over here at Mary Help.
I'm just about used to the weekly routine (minus the Boys and Girls Club which hasn't happened yet)

One day last week I just wasn't feeling too excited for the next day. And I had to get up SUPER early the next day to drive one of the priests to a convent to say Mass for the religious Sisters over there. So we get there and there are four Sisters in the chapel. They invited me to pray Morning prayer with them before actually starting the Mass and then we had Mass.

And let me just say that by the end of Mass at 7:30am, my whole day had been made!

Why? It's hard to put into words, but my day was made because of these Sisters! Unfortunately, there is a negative stereotype for Sisters and Nuns nowadays but I assure you, these Sisters are much different. Their witness just brings me so much joy!  Their faces and their voices radiate with a great joy and peace that is difficult to describe. You can just feel it! And you can see and hear the reverence and love for God and Our Lady in their voices as they pray. And there was a maternal, home-y feeling that filled the air that morning while I was there. I didn't want to leave!

There's something about the religious sisters of my generation that I just love and can't get enough of!
So I guess you could consider this little taste of heaven my "God Moment" of the day!

1 comment:

  1. One of my greatest joys at Assumption College was getting to know the Religious of the Assumption or the nuns who are a sister religious order to the Assumptionists, the priests and brothers. I experienced the same deep peace when I would have dinner or go to events at their residence. I loved spending time with them. So glad you're having great experiences.

    Tom Davis

    ReplyDelete

Comment? Question? Prayer Request?